Friday, January 7, 2011

The Serangoon SWING ...part 2.

Media Conference and Preview of SWING
About 4 days before the Big Day, I was at the Serangoon CC office preparing some songsheets with the help of the CC's staff who have always been most helpful to me personally. When I had finished and was about to leave, Judy Foo a staff member, requested for my presence at the Media Conference to be held that evening at the Command Post ( at NPP Serangoon Gardens ).
She reminded me to bring along my ukulele...as the press/media/Tv may want a preview.
That segment was chaired by Mrs Lim Hwee Hua, Minister of Finance and MP for our kampong.
She deftly fielded the questions about the SWING and why in particular did our Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong chose to attend our SWING when there were more than 50 other Countdown parties all over the island.
[Tang W L, Poon , Mrs Lim HH, Tay Swee Yee- Chairman]

[ Map showing activities and road closure for the event ]

[This group led the crowd for the record-breaking Papaya Dance]
Here they were giving a demo to the assembled media and press.

Mrs Lim Hwee Hua introduced my group to the assembly saying.." We are proud to have Dick Yip and the Garden Minstrels, a group of mainly our own Serangoon talent and mostly seniors and retirees, entertaining the crowd. "

[ Edmond Tan and Unk Dicko doing an impromptu item ]

No comments: