Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The simple solution to the BIG Problem

Hi folks, visitors and all fellow users of BLOGGER,

In my previous post I had briefly described a problem that had frustrated me for over a week.
It concerned the "create a new post" page or interface. All the posting commands were missing and different people reported a mish-mash of scrambled lines, dots and whatever. I understand from what I have read through at BLOGGER HELP FORUM that this problem affected only Singnet users and not the other service providers. I sincerely hope SINGNET will take notice and direct their IT experts to CLEAR UP this problem once and for all. After all, we the users are paying them good money and it is not cheap! I am certain many others who have encountered similar problems this whole week ( and many have not solved their problems yet..and btw, are we to solve such unknown server problems on our own??? Is it fair? Not many are that steep in the understanding of the workings of internet connections, LAN settings, proxy servers etc..), are downright frustrated as I was. Many might have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get professional help to "fix" the problem....and still the problem persists as I just checked at the latest postings I saw in the FORUM page.
If I had not taken the trouble to look at the various postings at the BLOGGER HELP FORUM and realised it was a WIDESPREAD phenomenon peculiar mainly to SINGNET users... then I would have wasted my time and money as well. ( See why in my previous post...my highly-qualified computer shop owner friend wanted to remove my entire harddisk to reformat it! ).
Imagine how much that would have cost me!
Instead..I came upon a few really helpful posts that provided a possible solution FOC !
After I copied down the instructions and tried it...the problem was SOLVED!
Now, everything is back to normal. Phew...a near miss. A near disaster averted.
As my good friend Lam Chun See( Goodmorning Yesterday ) suggested ... I should post the link for all you visitors.
Highlighted below is the actual comment from one kind soul who even provided the solution, step by step.
Hope all of you can solve it as I did!

11 people say this answers the question:
Hi Gatsby! Me using singnet and has encountered the same problem.
I tried out the link from seagullible http://sporecowboy.blogspot.com/2007/05/solution-for-singnet-problem-on.html\

and followed the steps:
* For IE 7.0 & below:


Tools -> Internet Options
Click on "Connections" page tab
Click on "LAN Settings" button (if you are using Broadband)
Check "Use a proxy server for your LAN ..." checkbox
Click on "Advanced" button
Under HTTP type, input "proxy.singnet.com.sg" for proxy address and "8080" for port.

And it worked for me!

I'm gonna publish something now that all the editor toolbar is working.
Will post again i have something published successfully.

It also worked for unk Dicko too. Cheers!

No comments: